Monday, June 17, 2013

I am running Nike Women's in San Fran with Teams in Training, are you?

Friday June 14, 2013 marked the last day to enter the lotto for Nike Women’s Marathon in San Francisco but even if you missed the cut off date you still have the chance to run the Nike Women’s Marathon.

The Nike Women’s Marathon always stands out in my head is a spectacular experience, when I am asked what is one of your favorite memories I can’t wait to tell people about San Fran. Not only is it ran through the beautiful streets of San Francisco but when the course is completed  and you cross that finish line you are greeted with a beautiful necklace from Tiffany’s.

This year I decided that I would not be entering the lotto for Nike Women’s instead I would be joining Teams in Training to run. I did not want the stress of joining the lotto to overcome me and I knew that running Nike Women’s through TNT was a sure fire way for me to get to San Francisco and run the race that has stolen my heart. 

Last year when I was on course during Nike Women’s I was fascinated by all the TNT participants running, it was such a fantastic overwhelming experience to be among all these women in purple running  for one cause to help those people who are fighting cancer. As I watched these women in purple run the course together and help one another through those 26.2 miles I wanted to be part of it, I wanted to be one of these ladies in purple! Seeing coaches on course and having them encourage the runners made me want in.

A marathon can be lonely at times; you are out on the open road alone and to see that these people had people cheering for them every step of the way I wanted that for my marathon experience. As I learned more about TNT and how it supports those who are fighting cancer I realized that there was nothing I wanted more than to be a part of this beautiful organization and earlier this year I signed up to be a TNT participant, this year when I run San Fran I will be one of those ladies in purple running for those who cannot run and I hope you will also join me as I raise money and run miles to fight cancer.


If you are not a lucky lottery winner please don’t give up on running Nike Women’s contact your local TNT chapter and run Nike Women’s with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment