Tuesday, October 2, 2012

You Will Have to Fight Through Bad Days


I remember the day I received the email from Nike Women asking me to be a Nike Women’s Marathon Ambassador, at first I thought it was a joke. I didn't want to get my hopes up and when I realized that it was for real I jumped up and down in my desk and ran around my office in pure joy. 

It rates HIGHLY as one of the happiest days of my life.

As the marathon approaches I look back and realize that not every day of training was glamour’s. There were days that I honestly wanted to give up. There were days that I sat on my bed and cried. Not because my body was tired or because I was injured but because I was physically exhausted. Running long distances is a mentally draining activity. Or a Saturday morning would come and my alarm was going off at 6am and I knew that most people I knew were still in bed sleeping in on a beautiful Saturday morning.

I also had days that I felt amazing and I was so excited to get out there and train, sometimes I would get up at 6am and feel proud because I knew I was one of the few people in the world awake at this time on a weekend and not because I had to be but because I wanted to be. I had days were I woke up and got so excited to train and was super pumped about San Fran. Lucky for me the days that I was excited to train far outweighed the days that I was tired.

Nike Women were also really great supporters. It seemed they sent me a box full of Nike gear when I needed it the most, such as when I needed a pick me up for training. I don’t think I would have been able to do my first marathon training without the support of the Ladies at Nike Women. They have been inspirational and motivating.

One HUGE words of advice I can give anyone who is running a marathon is “You will have to fight through the bad days to earn the best days of your life”. For me these best days have been training for the Nike Women’s Marathon. They haven’t always been easy, but nothing easy is ever worth it, it is only really worth it if you had to work for it. Trust me running 22 miles is not an easy feat but it has been so worth it.

I am beyond excited to cross the finish line with a smile on my face. Qualifying for Boston would be beyond exciting and coming across the line at 3hours 30minutes would probably put me into excited frenzy of tears but truth be told to cross that line with a big smile on my face is going to mean the most.

I have been so honoured to share this journey with you. I am more than over joyed that you have read my blog and shared your experiences with me. Remember the journey doesn’t end until I cross that finish line, so please continue to follow me on twitter @TiaraBeth, ask me questions and give me encouragement because you have all shared this journey with me. I hope you will all be cheering me on while I run my very first marathon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment