Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Love For Marathons and San Fran


I recently just read a post by Kara Goucher called “I Am InLove with the Boston Marathon”. It is such an inspiring post and makes me even more excited to run qualify for Boston. It has also inspired me to write my own post on my love for San Francisco.

I have not yet qualified for Boston and have not ran it so I am not in love with Boston yet, however I am in love with San Francisco.

Nike Women’s Marathon was my debut marathon and it will always have a little piece of my heart. I loved running in Nike Women’s and getting the opportunity to run my very first marathon gave me the confidence that I could handle the distance, I could never thank Nike Women enough for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime. Before running Nike Women's I had only ever ran a 10km race.

I am returning to Nike Women’s Marathon again in the October with Teams in Training. I am so excited to run the city of San Francisco and for a great cause. I will run my third marathon the day before my 28th birthday, a year and 1 week after I ran my very first marathon!!

The other day I was ranting and raving about my love for San Francisco and my love for the Nike Women’s marathon and my friend asked me “Tiara, why do you love San Francisco so much, I mean don’t the hills scare you?” the answer is yes. They scare me a lot!! But there is so much more that I love about San Fran. The memory of those hills is what is pushing me through my training right now because nothing can be worst than those hills, that I was no 100% prepared for.

San Fran reminds me of being home in Newfoundland or Halifax again. It has a very welcoming and loving feel and the ocean just pulls me in and doesn't want me to leave.

If you have never run the Nike Women’s you need to enter the lottery or sign up with TNT and give this amazing city a chance to steal a little piece of your heart, I know you too will fall in love with marathons and the city of San Francisco. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your post Tiara! This is hands down my favorite race too, and you and all of our Sisters In Nike made it so special. I will forever be grateful to Nike Women for giving us this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete