Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 26 - Do you like running with a buddy, in groups, or solo? Why?


Do you like running with a buddy, in groups, or solo? Why?
Running for me is my time and I don’t often like it interrupted unless I am on a long run than I always welcome the company of another person.
I love my solo runs for the simple fact that I can run my pace and I don’t have to worry about having to slow down for someone else or slowing someone down when I run with Meho I slow him down. I usually do solo running on my lunch hour because that is my time to work on speed. I actually have a route that I take and when I first started running this route it would take me 35 minutes to run but now it takes me around 27 minutes to run the route if I run it with a friend about 29 minutes. It has been great for my confidence to see my pace get faster on this route. It has actually come to the point now I have chosen a mile route to run because I can get it done within my lunch hour.
Buddy running is ok when I am going the 10 Miles up distance. It is nice to have someone to talk to and to keep me going. I prefer in the person is around my pace because I am training to qualify for Boston having to slow up is not helping me get that BQ. Having someone to run with on those longer distance are nice because it is someone to help you keep going and someone to push you to keep going. During lunch hour I will run with Jamie, she and I started running together when I first started at Trican and we can go pace for pace with one another so she is my exception for shorter distances. 
I am not a group runner at all. You have too many people and some people think they are faster than they are and others are really slow and you are always stopping and going waiting for someone to catch up.

Whatever your running style make sure you lace up your sneakers and get out there. 
Ignite~Perspire~Inspire 

No comments:

Post a Comment