Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 22 - 30 Day Run Challenge


What’s your favorite pre-run snack or meal?
For running I usually like something small but enough to keep me going but not enough that I am going to be weighed down by the food or feel sick at the beginning of my run. I don't usually have much of an appetite after I run so I like to have something easy to digest.
For a pre-run snack I normally like a banana with peanut butter I take a tablespoon of peanut butter and put it on my banana it is so yummy and gives me the energy to get through a run.
For a post–run meal I like having chocolate milk. Usually after a run I can’t stomach much for about 2 hours, chocolate milk is easy to digest and it is in liquid form so it is easy to take in. I also like to make myself a smoothie with an apple, almond milk, almonds and protein powder.
For a night before pre-race meal I like to have thin crust whole wheat pizza with very little cheese. It allows me to have energy for a race without being too heavy. Pizza is the perfect mixture of carbs and protein that allows me to push to the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment