Monday, July 16, 2012

2nd Week of Training Down

July 8th - 14th marked my second week of training for the Nike Women's Marathon and I had a tough week.

Sunday morning I woke up with horrible pain in my abdomen, the only way I could get relief was by arching my back or bending forward. I spent majority of Sunday in bed crying because of the pain. It finally went away around noonish and by 2 I felt like I had the flu. I was sitting on my couch wrapped in a blanket despite the fact that it was 30 degrees C outside. I couldn't even lift a water bottle to drink water.

Monday, I woke up and my flu symptoms were gone but the pain in my abdomen was back and worst than the day before. I sucked it up got ready and took the train to work. I wasn't at work longer than an hour before I left for the hopsital. They ran test after test and finally around 1pm they told me I had a stomach ulcer. I was like great, this is all I need right now. Needless to say I didn't get my 4 mile run in and this was the first day I didn't make my Nike Fuel band goal :( my 38 day streak was over!! I was happy to know it wasn't anything serious and that I could manage it.

Ever since Monday I have been on a raw diet and haven't consumed any diet coke. I actually feel WAY better. I have been drinking diet coke since I was 3 so coming off of it I thought was going to be super hard. My body has energy and I don't feel gross. I thought I was going to have crazy withdrawl but other than a headache the first day nothing. I have been drinking a ton of water because at this point it is all I can drink.

Tuesday brought me a TRX day. Did you know if you walk backwards while in push-up mode it makes the push-up WAY harder!!! I am going to have biceps on steel by October. I also tried running a 4 mile run at lunch. It was 32 degrees C outside and I made it 2.14 miles and had to stop. My body was over heating and dehydration was setting in. I ended up walking the rest of the way back to work.

Wednesday morning I woke up at the crack of dawn to try and go for a 6 mile, but I still wasn't feeling 100% so I decided it would be a treadmill run after work. It ended up being a great run. I ran it at a pace of 7'53"/mile for a time of 48:02, nothing to complain about other than the fact it was on the deathmill.

Thursday morning was another TRX day and I feel like I don't even remember what went on. I know I was off work early that day and spent the afternoon in bed. I am still doing a lot of sleeping lol.

Friday I did Get Toned Intermediate Body Buffer this was the first time I had did NTC in over a week and I forgot how much I missed it. I really love the single leg deadlift dumbbell row because I can see how far my balance has come. I remember my first time doing these I think I fell on my face more than I was able to balance. Friday also brough Bikram yoga!! Part of me was dreading Bikram, it was already really hot outside and now I am going into a hot room to do yoga for 90 minutes. I thought I was crazy. After the first three poses were over I was actually really happy to be there. I was enjoying myself and I was getting a good stretch. I came out of yoga feeling rejuivinated. I feel reenergized and ready to take on the world again. My body had been so beaten up that week it was something I really needed. I am glad that yoga is incorporated into my training.

Saturday started bright and early especially for a Saturday. The alarm went off at 6am and I spent 20 minutes walking around my apartment in a tired haze. I put two different colored shoes on, I wasn't wearing socks. I finally got my bearings after eating a pre-run meal and by 7:15am I was out to door and on my way to Glenmore Trail. For the first time ever I used the Nike+GPS Sports Watch that Nike Women sent me. I have a little bit of a love hate relationship with it. I love it because:
  • I don't chaffe my arm while wearing it
  • The face is big and easy to read
  • It is stylish
  • It is user friendly and the buttons are big
I also don't love it because:
  • You can't play music off of it and I NEED music when I run.
  • It can't give me spoken feedback of distance covered.
  • I have to wait for everything to cycle through before I can see what distance I have ran.
I will get over these issues after using it a few times. Saturday morning I looked like a walking Nike ad. I was wearing all Nike, of course, but I had on the Fuel band and Sports watch lol. Saturday wasn't my best run. I ran 8miles in 1:10:15 with a time of 8'46"/mile I didn't have one mile under the 8'00"/mile mark. It was a slower run but I covered the distance I needed to cover. I am trying to concentrate less on spide for my longer runs and more on distance. This is a big difficulty for me because I want to be fast. After my run I headed to TRX class where I was killed. A thought it would be a good idea to make it more of a cardio class. Everything was quick. We did 10 one legged burpees followed by 10 push-ups followed by 10 burpess on the other leg followed by 10 more push-ups. We did one legged squats (15) followed by on legged push-ups (10). We got on a treadmill and didn't turn it on instead pushed it with our own force. Try this, honestly it is really hard.

After that I went home and slept for about 3 hours. Rest was much needed and now I ready to tackle another week!! 

Happy Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment