Tuesday, July 10, 2012

First Official Week of Training Down


Monday marked my first official day of Training for the Nike Women's Marathon. I actually had a really good week of training.

I love the mix up of running and Nike Training Club. I am so glad I get to train with Nike Training Club. This is going to help me keep my muscles lean and strong so I can push through those last miles.

I had a really tough run on Friday. Friday morning marked the first day of the Calgary Stampede, the greatest out door show on earth. I was downtown at 6am on Friday. I finally left downtown to come home around 1pm and I was beat. My boyfriend and I took a nap and than we saw Spiderman. Around 6pm I thought it was a good time to go for a run. I was WRONG it was still around 28 degrees Celsius and I was already feel a little dehydrated. I pushed through and had an amazing run in regards to pace.


Saturday I woke up at 6am and headed out to the trail. I wanted to get my run done early because they were calling for a 30 degree day. I live in such high elevation that to have 30 degree days it is very uncommonf or us. When it gets 20 around here we consider it hot. 30 is not something I am used to running in. I was out the door at 6:45am and the tempy was already registering 20 degrees.

For my longer 6 mile run I decided to chose a more hilly route. It was constant up and down all the way out and all the way back in. I think I am going to run this route more often because it will help me better prepare for what I will be doing in San Fran.

We have another hot week ahead of us so I am having to get my runs in early rather than later. Getting a morning workout in always makes for a better day anyways.


Happy Running.

No comments:

Post a Comment