Thursday, August 9, 2012

Find Greatness by Breaking Down the Walls You Built Yourself


“You are confined only by the walls you build yourself”


How many times in school did I think to myself “she looks like a cool girl, we should be friends” but I would never talk to her because I build a wall of self doubt.

How many times have I thought to myself “I would love to try knitting” but I never do it because I am afraid of failure, so I build of the fear of failure wall.

Last October I turned 26 and I looked at Meho and said “I want to run a marathon this year”. The great thing about my boyfriend is he is super supportive and encouraging. Every so often he would re-visit the topic and ask me about training for a marathon again. I would never really execute the plan. I was building up the wall of not planning.

In May Nike Women contact me about running the Nike Women’s Marathon. Imagine my surprise when I found out that the run date was exactly 1 week before my 27th birthday. Nike Women helped me tear down the wall of not planning.

I believe that if we can break down the walls that we ourselves build we would be much happier and more successful.

I recently read Leah Kim’s book “From Office Hell to Yoga HeavenLeah broke down the walls of her hell by becoming a Yoga instructor. This is so inspirational to me because I have a wall of “fear of leaving my great job”. I would love to become a personal trainer and help other people incorporate fitness into their daily lives but I have a wall built up and reading Leah’s book it has given me the inspiration to start making those steps so I can follow my dreams and break down that wall.

Try it, try breaking down a wall you have built. Maybe it is self doubt, failure, not planning. Whatever it is break it down and see how much your self confidence sores.

Happy Training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment