Friday, August 24, 2012

Slowing Down is Still Progress


I had a little bit of a struggle week. I only did 5 miles in tempo runs and then my 8 mile and 5 mile were pretty much non-existent.

I went out yesterday, the weather man said it was 20 degrees out but it felt more like 30. I set out to do a 5 mile run and 2.5 miles in I felt like death. My head was dizzy, my body was heavy and I felt like I was going to pass out. I managed to make it back to my office but felt 100% defeated.

I know it is my fault. I am not eating enough grains. I have a HUGE fear of carbs. I think I may always fear carbs. I need to start eating more whole grains on a daily basis instead of avoiding them.

Sometimes I find it hard when I have to slow down. I have never been one to slow down. Sometimes we need to listen to our body, listen to what it is saying and just slow down for a moment. It doesn’t mean you are quitting, it just means you are doing what is right for your body at that moment. Sometimes taking that moment to listen to your body will help you push even harder the next day.

Happy Training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment