Thursday, September 27, 2012

Marathon is coming soon


Last week was an amazing week for training.

Monday was a make-up day for not getting in my long run the week before and so I did a 4 mile run at lunch and killed it. I managed to run it in 29:53 with a pace of 7’26”/mile I was super happy with that pace. After work I headed to the reservoir and did a 9.21miles run I finished this in 1:28:27 with a pace of 9’36”/mile, not the greatest pace on the second run but I was still really happy with the way the run went.

Tuesday I did Nike Training Club True Condition and as you know I did hill runs with Renee and we killed it. I did a track workout with her this week also and it was so fun. I am glad I have a new running friend.

Thursday I did a 3.57mile run at lunch. It wasn’t my best time. I did the run in 30 minutes with a pace of 8’24”/mile. It was a warm lunch. It is great that it is September and we are still getting really warm weather, it makes me happy.

Friday I tackled more Nike Training Club doing the Gladiator in the Get Strong section and Leah Kim Yoga. Yoga is so important for a runner. It keeps your muscles long and prevents injury. Anyone who isn’t doing yoga with their training needs to add it in, your muscles with thank you.

Saturday was a 13 mile run day. I was ecstatic to run a half marathon distance. Everything has been crazy distances up to this point and to come back to the half marathon distance was a great treat. My goal for this distance was to do it without stopping once and took one stop to fill up my camel back. I was so pleased with my run and was happy I was able to complete the distance and with a pace of 8’58”/mile and a time of 1:57:51. Nothing felt better than to push through the limits and conquer my goal. This has given me lots of confidence for my actual marathon that is just around the corner. Now I know I can rock it!! Not only did I rock my half marathon run I also did my fastest marathon, this was a huge achievement for me. Hopefully I only continue to make it faster.

Last week was a great training week. I can feel the race getting closer and I am getting so excited. Happy Training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment