Friday, September 14, 2012

One Month Until My First Marathon

This morning I woke up like any other Friday morning, looked at my iCal and realized that in a month from today I will be running my very first marathon, the Nike Women's Marathon


Than threw up. 


Seriously, I threw up. I got a shot of nervousness ring through me. What if I am not ready, what if I get tired an want to quit, what if I can't do it, what if...Than I looked at myself in the mirror and said "Tiara, you can give the world a million what if's and they all might come true but they might not come true and you will surpass greatness."


There is no doubt I am nervous I mean who wouldn't be, especially if it is their first marathon. 


Just in case I forgot to do this later, I want to thank a few key people in my success.

Nike Women, first off I can't thank you enough for giving me this opportunity. I am just a girl from Canada with a dream to run a marathon before her 27th birthday and you provided me with the way to do that. I thank you so much. Thank you for all the amazing running gear you have given me, seriously, it has lifted my spirits when my spirits have needed to be lifted and has made me look super stylish. You ladies are amazing and I can't wait to meet you.


Meho,you are an amazing boyfriend and should be given a prize for putting up with me these past few months. Thank you for running with me and for getting me out of bed at 6am on a Saturday morning for the long runs. You have been my greatest supporter throughout all of this. You have taken countless pictures of me and gone on countless runs with me. You have put up with my breakdowns on the middle of my runs and listened to me rant and rave about my marathon. You deserve a vacation for getting me through this. I couldn't have asked for a better training partner. 


Marie, thank you for an awesome training plan. I feel so much stronger and so much more confident in myself and my running. When I first said yes I was scared to run a marathon. I am still scared but I know I can do it. You have been amazing answering my outlandish questions and for being there to cheer me on.


Jamie, I couldn't have done 5am runs during the week without you. Thank you for being so willing to do this training plan with me even though you are not running the marathon. Thank you for keeping me sane when I was dealing with work issues and training at the same time and thank you for pushing me and not letting me stop when we run hills. 

To my co-workers and especially my boss, thank you for putting up with me eating during meetings (I can't promise that is going to stop) and for coming in late after lunch. Seriously guys I will be less of a pain once this is over and I will go out for lunch more often. Thank you for all of your support.

My Sisters In Nike, way to train hard ladies. We only have a month left of training so lets make it count. Thank you for being great virtual training partners, for being an ear to listen for giving great advice and for listening to my rants. You will always be my Sisters In Nike. 

Cory and Phillip, seriously you have been the greatest therapist ever. You two together have prevented me from getting injuries and have helped me realize the importance of proper stretching. I am so glad I walked into your office that day in May. 

Last but not least, my blog readers. You have all been amazing. My journey is not over yet but thank you for sharing this journey with me. Some of you have reached out to me personally and I have developed a relationship with you and others I haven't had a chance to speak with, but thank you for your support and for reading my blog. I am sure it wasn't the most thrilling blog out there but I am thankful you read it. 

Please continue to read as my journey has not ended yet. I just didn't want to miss out on thanking anyone or forget to do it. 

I am excited for what this month has to bring and I am even more excited to run this marathon because I am running it for each and everyone of you who have inspired me, who have encouraged me and who have supported me. 

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment