Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 16 & 17 - 30 Day Challenge


How many miles a week are you usually running and what’s your normal pace? How would you like to improve this?
Right now I am currently averaging around 34.25 miles a week and running at a pace of around 6’45”/mile. It is funny most people would think that is great, but I was talking to Mike this weekend and he was saying I have a great pace and I was like no I have an ok pace but not a great pace. He said what are you talking about Tiara that is awesome the average person would love to run at your pace and I said to him, Meho I don't compare myself to the average person I compare myself to the Kara Gouchers and Shalane Flanagan  he was like Tiara they are elite. I was always taught to shoot for the moon because at least if I failed I would still land among the stars
I would like to get my weekly average up around 50 miles and I would like to run an average of 6’00”/mile.
That is really fast and I don’t know if it is going to happen, but a girl can dream.
I am also starting marathon training next week so my distance will drop for a short amount of time than it will jump back up. I am hoping that my pace stays around the same. If it starts dropping I am going to be really sad. I just don’t know if I am going to be able to maintain that pace for the entire marathon.
 What are your PRs? Time, distance?
·         5K- 0:28:38
·         5 miles- 0:33:13
·         10k- 0:41:16
·         13.1 (half marathon)- I actually haven’t ran a half marathon race to know.
·         Marathon- 4:35 – I am breaking 3:30 this year to get into Boston.

Out of theses distances I have actually only ever raced a 10km and a marathon race but this year I will add a half marathon to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment