Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 2 - 30 Day Run Challenge


Why did you continue to run?
2009 me and 2012 me. Running Makes a huge Difference
As you learned from my last blog post I gained a lot of weight from not being physically active and running has helped me lose weight and keep it off. I have also suffered from eating disorders and from lack of self confidence. Now I am involved with races and I love lacing up my sneakers and heading out the door with just me and the music. It is a time for me to clear my head and get some perspective on my life. My favorite time to run is during my lunch hour. I can get pretty stressed out at work but heading out at lunch for a 4-5 mile run allows me to come back with a clear head and willingness to tackle the afternoon.

Someone once told me “Sometimes I hurt when I run and sometimes I run because I am hurt”. Sometimes there is nothing better to do for yourself when you are having a bad day but to put on your running shoes and run out your problems, they are still going to be there but at least you can give yourself about a half hour to think about them.

Sometimes I run to stay in shape, sometimes I run to clear my head, every day I run I run to love myself but one thing I do know is I love the rush I get from finishing a run. 

Happy Training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment