Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 8 - 30 Day Challenge

NWM 2012 Tiffany Lunarglides

Show us a picture of your running shoes! What are they and why do you like them?

Yay! Shoes!! I love shoes, whether they are running shoes or dress shoes I just love shoes haha. I don’t just run in one type of shoe I run in two types of shoes and they are Nike!!

For my longer runs I prefer Nike lunarglides. They have more support and are built for those marathon distances!! They feel like you are running on clouds and they are so comfortable on my feet. I have two types of lunarglides; the regular lunarglides and my shield shoes. I use the shield ones for cold snowy days because they are meant for running the elements and I use my regular ones when it isn't so mucky outside. If you try them you will likely fall in love!!

Lunar Shields
For my speed work and shorter runs I prefer running in Nike Montreal’s. These are more of a thinner shoe and they don’t weigh very much, they are perfect for speed work. I wouldn't advise running in these for longer distances unless you are used to a thin shoe. There isn't a ton of cushioning in these so if you are used to a thicker shoe I don’t advise going to these and doing 10 miles right away work your way up. One day I may try running a marathon in these. The moment I tried them on, they quickly became my favorite shoe to run in and I have 4 pairs!!

These are the shoes I run in, but when you are running it is also very important to cross train. I go to the gym and see people doing weights with running shoes and it makes me cringe. Marie Purvis has an amazing article on training or runningshoe and it is defiantly a must read.

For me I prefer the Nike Twist Training Shoe or the Nike Free’s Trainers they give my foot the movement they need without jeopardizing my foot protection. 

My collection of Nike Shoes. I am missing 1 pair from this pic.
Try training in a training shoe and you’ll never go back. After reading Marie’s article I went out and purchased a pair of training shoes and I have never looked back it has changed the way I train and they way my feet feel. They are no happy feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment