Friday, January 25, 2013

What Type of Fuel User Are You?


I started using the NikeFuel band on June 1, 2012. I have been a daily user since.

From the moment I put the NikeFuel band on I was hooked. Seriously, I loved the fact that I could look at my wrist at any moment and I knew if I needed to push harder to gain fuel.

This last week Sam, Julie and I challenged each other to gain 5,000 NikeFuel for the entire week. Today is Friday and I have done just did, gained 5,000 fuel each day this week. I still have the weekend to go, but I think I will be able to do it, even if it means running high knees in my kitchen.

I am not going to lie some days were harder than others to reach my fuel goal. I had days where I ran twice in a day and hit my goal by 1pm and other days just before bed I was running knee highs in my kitchen to make my goal.

I realized something this week; there are two types of fuel users.

There is the complacent user. The user that sets their goal low enough that they know they will reach it every day. This goal is different for each person. I always had my goal set at 3,000 NikeFuel and I knew I could always reach this goal all it took was a lunch time run and some doing stairs in the office and I would hit it by the latest 2pm.

Then there is the user that I am striving to be more like. The go-getter user as I like to call it. This is the user that sets their goal to a number that pushes them to push their limits. This week I set my goal to 5,000 NikeFuel. 5,000 was not an easy goal for me. Like I said early I spent one evening doing knee highs in my kitchen until 5,000 was hit but it did make me push myself to reach my goal that day. Was I proud I reached my goal of course and I was even more proud because I had to push myself to hit it.

I was always the fuel user that liked to see that I iced my goal, or that I torched my goal. Torching and icing are nice but I have realized that torching and icing are supposed to be a reward for pushing beyond your limits and for me personally pushing beyond my limits involves me setting my fuel goal higher than 3,000. I looked at my NikeFuel stats and I have soaked my goal 71 times, Iced my goal 33 times Torched my goal 11 times.


I looked at my daily average on my fuel app. I average around 4,900 fuel daily. I have decided that from here on out my fuel goal will be 4,500 so that I am pushing myself to reach my goal each and every day because 2013 is the year we make it count. If I can hit my daily fuel goal of 4,500 and make it count I will obtain 1,530,000 fuel by years end.

No comments:

Post a Comment