Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 20 - 30 Day Challenge


Define your relationship with running.

My relationship with running these days is AMAZING!! I love it and live for running; however it has taken me years to get to this point.

Running is my best friend, my therapist and my ass kicker. When I have had bad day or need to vent I love lacing up my shoes and hitting the pavement. Running gives me clarity that I can’t find anywhere else.

If I have a tough decision to make I hit the pavement and think it through. I used to make pro/con list and they always helped me make decision but I can get very anxious in my decision making so being able to hit the pavement and run helps with my anxiety. I call it sweating out the anxiety. 

Running has helped me develop confidence in myself that I thought I lost with my eating disorder. Each time I come back from a run I gain the part of me back that I thought was lost forever. There are times when I feel like I am losing control of my life again and like the world is spinning out of control all I have to do is reach for my running shoes and I gain control again.
Running is my drug, my lifesaver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment