Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 9 - 30 Day Challenge


What’s the strangest or most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you on a run?
I don’t think I have ever had anything strange happen to me on a run. Scary I think would be more of the question.
One time Jamie and I were running through the reservoir near my house. This trail is frequented by runners and bikers all year round and it goes around in a 9 mile loop, it is a lot of fun to run because you kind of feel like you are out of the city. It was around 7:30am and off in the distance I saw a coyote part of me was kind of scared but I realized that there are two of us and one of him and we are bigger so we just kept running but a half mile down the trail we saw a sign “WATCH OUT FOR BEAR” I was like Bear, like a real bear. I was scared for the rest of the run because once you hit that point you run into an area that is totally treed in, lucky for us we never saw a bear. I told Mike about that sign and he said lets go get your some Bear spray, have you ever seen a bear spray can!!?!!? It wouldn't even be possible to run with it lol. I guess if I ever come across a bear all I have to do is run faster than the person I am with ;)
An embarrassing moment that happened was on the Nike Women’s running course I felt my legs turning into jelly and my head getting foggy, next thing you know I am looking up at the sky. For me I was embarrassed but I don’t think many people cared.
I don’t really have any fun running stories for this one, sadly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment