Monday, June 4, 2012

12 Mile Sunday

On Sunday my boyfriend and I decided to go on a long run. I decided that I wanted to challenge myself. The most I had ever ran outside was 9.3miles and that was the weekend before.

I laced up my running shoes and set my Nike+GPS to 12miles. My frist 3 miles were tough well I was really struggling to get  to 3 miles, I felt like turning back and waiting for Mike at the car, but I talked myself through it and I kept going. 
Once I hit mile 5 I was feeling strong and amazing. I reached the 6 mile halfway mark and I felt like I could take on the WORLD at that point. I was running at a pace that was comfortable and that didn't make me feel like death but than I hit a MASSIVE hill. I had run down this hill on my way there and thought to myself, "this is going to be a killer!!" But I think I forgot about it on my way back because when I reached the bottom of the hill I got this sick feeling in my stomach, but I looked at it and thought to myself "you will not defeate me" I just took it slow and one step at a time. I am not going to lie, I was exhausted when I hit the top. I wanted to lay down and and drink a whole gallon of water, but I still had about 2 miles to go, I kept going. At this point I really was exhausted and tired and my body was not taking it well. I took in some water and kept going. Once I reached my 12 mile mark I was so proud of myself for finishing my run, for not walking and for not letting that hill defeat me.

No comments:

Post a Comment