Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Obstacles, don't let them stop you.

I did not want to get out of bed this morning. The 4:50am alarm went off and I wanted nothing more than to ignore it, roll over and go back to sleep.

TRX has been less enjoyable for me than it was when I first started. Maybe the novelty is wearing off, maybe I am getting bored, maybe I am just being lazy.

A few weeks ago I tweaked my foot while doing TRX. I was doing single legged mountain climbers and I felt like a tearing in my foot. I honestly thought something was tearing and I got really freaked out. As a runner I need my feet, my ankles, my legs. They are what helps me get through the race.

I already have a really bad injury, it ended my career before it even had a chance to really begin. I had to give up something I love and became really depressed because of it. I don't want that to happen again.

I ask myself "Is this just an obstacle for me?" I need to find away to climb this wall, maybe not even climb it but find away around it, or under it.

I was close to giving up on TRX this morning. I was ready to call it quits but quitting is not an option for me, unless I am forced into it. I am ready to burt through that wall and stomp on my obstacles.

1 comment:

  1. You can achieve anything Tiara! Just remember that we all feel this way about training sometimes, but pushing through is what makes you a great athlete.

    ReplyDelete