Friday, June 22, 2012

June 15 to June 21 Week in Review

I'll be giving weekly training updated.

My week training week kind of started on a low note. We went to visit my boyfriends parents at the lake. I was actually really looking forward to going for a run at the lake since it was out at the city and gave me a new area to run in. As we pulled up I realized where they were located was gated. As we took a walk around the area the night we arrived I realized that I was going to have no place to run, this kind of sent me into a little bit of a panic. I went to bed and figured maybe I would just do wind sprints on their lot. I woke up Saturday morning and it was pouring rain and nothing was going to stop me from getting wet. I had a moment of freaking out and M calmed me down and was said to me "T, it's going to be ok you are not in full training right now just take the day relax and get back at it when we get home." Most times I don't take failure so lightly but I realized I had no other choice.

Monday morning I woke up bright and early and excited to get started on my training. I looked out the window and it was wet, I thought that is ok, it is these reasons that Nike Women sent me the Nike Vapor Coat. I walked outside and not only was it wet but it was freezing cold outside. I went to the gym for a treadmill run. I tend not to run as fast when I am on the treadmill but told myself I needed to get at least 6 miles out of the treadmill that day. I knocked out 6.37 miles in 48:31 with a pace of 7'36" per mile. It was a great run for me and I was really proud of running that quick. Not only did I knock a run out of the park I did Nike Training Club. I did Flex Machine and Ab Burner. I felt great after that and wasn't so upset about missing my Saturday Morning Run.

Tuesday was another disappointing day. I had TRX at 6:00am and when I woke up that morning I did not want to go. I didn't want to get out of bed and I wanted to quit TRX. I made myself get up and I went, but I was so unhappy during the workout but I pushed myself through it. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, the only thing I figured is it was just a bad day because the next day I felt totally find and was excited again for TRX. At lunch I did Nike Training Club the Total Impact and the Arm Definer. I have always wanted Jessica Beil arms. I only have an hour at lunch so I try to pack in as much as possible utilizing the full hour. This usually means I have to dry shampoo my hair and perfume myself to get more of a workout in but it's totally worth it.

Wednesday I did the Nike Training Club Leaner Legs workout before my run. This really helped me out on the trail because I pulled out an amazing run of 4.39 mile 7'23" per mile and a time of 32:24. This was awesome becasue I haven't been able to do that trail in anything less than 36  minutes. I am feeling and seeing myself get faster. I pushed myself a little harder on the trail and I could feel it in my core but it felt great to push. When I got back from my run I did another Nike Training Club this time I did the Back Definer.

Thursday I got off work early and this gave me the opportunity to bust out a couple of Nike Training Clubs I started off with the Be Explosive  than did Stinger I still had life in me so I tackled The Heartthrob and did abs with Laura Enever and finished off with Leah Kim Yoga. All in all it made me feel great and got me to the 8,400 minute mark. I still have 1,600 minutes to do before I hit the 10,000 Nike Training Club minute mark and I might not make it before the end of July but I am really close =) I am still really proud of that.

Today is Friday and I am doing a 3 mile run, I am starting with the Leaner Legs workout to see if this helps me do 3.8 miles in 30 minutes. I'll keep you posted. Tomorrow I have TRX class in the am and after I am doing a 9 mile run I am so excited to do a long run outside.

Have a good weekend and rememeber to get your workout in.

No comments:

Post a Comment