Monday, June 11, 2012

Virtual Run Weekend with my #SistersInNike


This weekend I had a plan to do 13 miles. I was really excited for my long outdoor run because I love running long distances outside. I don't have a clock to focus on and I can get lost in my thoughts.

My #SistersInNike and I decided that Sunday would be a long virtual run day, we decided on 7 miles. I got up Sunday wishing for decent weather. Calgary has been getting insane weather lately and we have flooding going on so I knew finding a 7 mile route was going to be tricky let alone a 13 mile one. I woke up looked outside and the winds were high and it was raning again. A little dissapointed I got my gear together and headed for the gym to treadmill run.

As I got up Sunday and put my foot on the floor, I had a slight pain in my foot. Last month I had an injury and I get freaked out if I get the slightest pain in my foot. I brushed it off as nothing.



I used to love treadmill running, but I discovered outdoor running and I hate going back. I thought suck it up and you'll be fine. As I was running I realized that it wasn't as bad as I was making it out to be. I got an hour in and looked at the time and my pace and I was running fast. I had run 7.66 miles in an hour!! I was like I am on pace to do my miles in less than an 1hour 45minutes. Sadly, I needed the bathroom at this moment and it broke my groove. Here is where my love of outdoor running comes in. I can always stop use the bathroom but I HAVE to keep running because I have to get back home there is no other choice. After my bathroom break I got back on the treadmill and started running again, but my foot started hurting me BIG time again and I was feeling super hungry and tired. At the 1 hour 14 minute mark I stopped, but I had covered 9.30 miles. I was pretty proud of that.

I realize that I am getting faster. On May 5, 2012 I ran 3.79 miles in 34:25, but on June 5, 2012 I ran 3.81 miles in 30:48. It was the exact same route with only a little variance and I still managed to run it faster. I fear running to fast to soon becasue I don't want to damage my legs and not be able to run the Nike Women's Marathon or run it slower than I want too. I am getting really happy with my pace and I hope to keep improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment