I have found a new food obsession and it is called Quinoa, quiona is an amino acid-rich protein seed.
The reason I LOVE it so much is becasue it is packed with protein. In the words of my best friend Autumn "Quiona is the Arnold Schwarzenegger of the grain. It's going to pump you uppp and then become govenor of a random sate in the US." Ok the grain isn't going to become govenor or anything like that, but it is going to pump you up. It is full of some many good nutrients.
Quiona isn't just for supper or lunch. It is also for breakfast below is a great recipe for Quinoa porridge.
- 946-mL carton unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cardamom (optional)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) golden raisins
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) skin-on whole almonds, preferably toasted
- Fresh berries for garnish
What is your favorite way to eat Quinoa?