Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My daily eating.

People often ask me how I keep myself fueled while being so active. I'm going to bring you through a day in the life of me eating.

On Tuesday and Thursday I always have an early am workout of TRX. We don't just do TRX, we run stairs, we do cardio drills. I have to have something in my body to keep me going through this workout.

Breakfast 5:10am.

  • 1/2 Whole Wheat English Muffin <--- always make sure it says whole wheat. Sometimes it says whole wheat and it is really just bleached white flour, I always read the ingrediants. This english muffin has fibre that keeps me fueled and keeps me going.
  • 1 Tbsp Almond Butter <--- I make sure to measure this out becasue there is about a 100 calories in a tablespoon. Almond butter has protein in it that is really good for you.
  • Banana <-- this is a nutrient dense food, they ward off the cramps and they taste amazing.
Second Breakfast 8:00am

No I am not a hobbit but they had a good thing going. They ate second breakfast. Seriously eating after your workout is just as important as eating before your workout. You need to restore your body with nutrients.
  • Chocolate milk <-- this is full of complex carbs and protein it's a perfect after workout snack.
  • 1/2 cup of Oatmeal <-- the fibre helps keep me full until my next meal.
Snack 10:45 am
  • Apple <-- Nutrient dense food is good for you because it is low calorie and has the nutrients you need for your body.
  • Greek Yogurt <--- these come in handy little containers now. They come in different flavours and what I love about greek yogurt in a 100 gram container you are getting around 8 grams of protein.
Lunch 1:00pm
  • 1/2 cup of Quinoa<-- I have a huge struggle with eating wheat ie. bread. It scares me. I know it sounds weird but I think it always will, it's a side effect from my eating disorder, but for some reason I can eat quinoa until it comes out of my ears and I don't feel bad about it. I know weird. Quinoa is good for you and has protien, if you haven't tried it yet please do so.
  • 1/2 Chicken Breast <-- when I make supper I take one of my chicken breast cut it in half and have it for lunch the next day. Chicken is filled with protein it's a lean meat and super good for you. I mix it in my Quinoa and get a double hit of protien.
  • Luna Bar <-- I used to eat macrobars but they were super expensive and I could only get them from one place in town. If you know of a site I can order them from please let me know as I love them.
  • Soy Chocolate Milk <-- I am addicted to these things, they are so yummy.
Snack 3:00pm
  • Canned Tuna <-- these things are amazing they pack 18 grams of protein and taste amazing, they are super small like 80 grams so fit into your lunch box and they come in different flavours.
  • Greek Yogurt
Dinner 6:30pm
  • 1 cup of Quinoa
  • 1 1/2 Chicken Breast
  • Steamed Veggies
I am pretty boring when it comes to food and pretty much eat the same thing on a daily basis, every so often I'll change up my veggies, add asparagus, or something else yummy. I might add fish instead of chicken but that is pretty much what I eat on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment