Tuesday, June 12, 2012

YOU WILL TELL THEM YES

When I was younger and I told people I wanted to be a competative swimmer people looked at me and said "it's hard work, you'll never be able to put in all the training hours, you don't have enough muscle, swimming is hard". Most of my life I have never felt good enough. I was never the pretty girl, the talented girl, the smart girl, the tall girl. I beat myself up because of this. It caused a lot of issues with myself. I beat myself up about it, I developed an eating disorder, body dismorphia.

I am now preparing to run my first marathon. I will be running the Nike Women's Marathon in October. Exactly 1 week before my 27th birthday. What a birthday gift!! =) I have head similar things when I tell my friends I am running a marathon "It's far, have you ever ran that far, do you think you can do it because I don't, what about injury aren't you afraid of getting hurt, I would much rather sit on the couch, you don't look fit enough to run a full marathon."

You know what I think people are going to talk, they are going to think what they want. They are going to think you are not good enough to reach your dreams. You know what I say, you don't need those people in your life. The only ones you need are the ones who are going to support you, the ones who are going to help you achieve your dreams, who are going to encourage you.

I thank Nike Women for giving me this amazing opportunity. For helping me reach my goals of running a marathon and providing me with the tools to do so. You are my inspration and because of you I hope to inspire others.

No comments:

Post a Comment